Saturday 17 February 2018

Organizing Your Online (and Offline) Content

Ordering Your Space

Ipods have become tiny computers that allows people to create
bookmarks, check emails, categorize them and check calendars

Melissa Wong/My Online Journalism Blog

By Melissa Wong
My Online Journalism Blog 

Organizing Emails

Emails are messy and it is hard to keep track of them all, which is why it is important to make categories and labels for emails. It is best to make a category that has a label and assigned colour so the average internet user can quickly find their emails based on who sent them and their content subject matter.  
After experimenting with this method, I can say that it is useful and has cleared away the cluttered mess in my inbox. This method is good for searching for pasted emails or keeping track of what emails have been exchanged with other individuals or groups.


The Usefulness of Bookmarks

I love bookmarking websites because there are a lot of great websites that can help them search for people or information. I recommend keeping the bookmark bar visible whenever online just in case I need to access another website. 

How I Keep My Bookmarks in Order: 

  1. Create files on my bookmarks bar to keep bookmarks in and classify them according to their subject. 
  2. Once the websites are classified into one large subject than rank them in the file according to how important that they are and how much each page is used.
  3. If the bookmarks are very long then create files within the file to keep it in order.

Planning for the Future

Bloggers can use online calendars or apps like "Hi Future Self" but I would rather have a paper calendar that I can hang on my wall. There is something satisfying about crossing off the days with a black pen, writing events or taping little reminders onto the calendar. Thus, the calendar becomes more than a schedule dictating a life, it becomes an art project. A collection of colorful notes, tape, and inks that helps me make sense of their life. Also I find when I buy them on Boxing Day, I can get a good deal.

To support all my content, please check out my Patreon account at https://www.patreon.com/mewong936
Journalist.wong@gmail.com
@MilsongWong
©Melissa Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment